Healthcare Information Management Training
Another for-profit company offering professional health IT certification is New Horizons Computer Learning Centers, an entity with 30 years of experience in computer-related education.
New Horizon’s Healthcare Information Management curriculum helps prepare people for jobs in medical billing with three main designations:
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC).
- Certified Billing and Coding Professional (CBCS).
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA).
In the case of CPC, applicants need at least two years of professional experience, otherwise they will get the CPC-A designation, signifying apprentice status. However, the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) will cut the two-year apprentice period in half for those who successfully complete CPC training through New Horizons. Also partnering with New Horizons in healthcare certification is the National Healthcareer Association.
The global company, headquartered in Conshohocken, Pa., also offers training to health information managers seeking Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (MCAS) and Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certifications.
- Health Information Technology Professional – HITP
- Healthcare Information Management Training
- Health IT Certification
- Certified Healthcare CIO – CHCIO
- Commission on Certification for Health Informatics and Information Management – CCHIIM
- Certified Health Informatics Systems Professional – CHISP
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems
- CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician Certificate